“Just next station to Dahanu beach is Gholvad’s famous open air Bordi beach 17 kms from Dahanu Road, For a wonderful break from city hazels, join this beach near Mumbai at road distance of 140 to 149 kilometers. The beach side suru trees, palm trees ideal for camping and a day or over night picnic is a ideal location for all beach lovers. Dahanu and Bordi beaches are connected and is one of the largest and safest beaches with safe current, dark black colored sand having enough hotels, resorts to enjoy monsoon or the cut off that extreme heat in summer..”
Quick Look : [ About Dahanu and Bordi Beach ], [ Hotels and Resort at Bordi], [ How to Reach this Beach], [ Other Places and Attractions Near Bordi ], [ Google Satellite Map Of Dahanu Bordi Beach ], [ Updates ]
The Bordi Beach at Dahanu
This connected beach at Dahanu is located at small village called Bordi, famous for its boarding schools and other educational centers. For a peaceful and pollution free weekend, bordi beach is a ideal serene location. Nearest station to bordi is Gholvad (Gujarat State Borders), famous for Chickoo Wadi (Huge Chikoo orchards Farms) and Gholvad is just next station to Dahanu road.
The beach has palm trees, coconut trees and a camping ground for those over night picnic on beach lovers, Since bordi is a small village there is no more of attraction near and it is preferred to carry some food, water and other belonging when you start. This coconut and palm shade on beach helps summer visitors with shades and the light salty breeze. One can find stray dogs and bullock carts also on beach, this is how the village life is and somewhere the natural way of life.
The beach water is something which may make you little upset during day hours as the sea moves far away from shore by evening 5 to 6 pm. Only full moon and few other days when the beach water touches the shore and people enjoy getting into sea for a nice quick swim on the shore, the other days sea water is about 40 to 50 meters away from shore. You can rent umbrella, enjoy ice candies, Coconut water, Tadgola’s and other eateries with hawkers near shore.
Accommodation Options (Hotels and Resorts) at Bordi
How to reach Dahanu Bordi
By Road : Via National Highway 8 (Mumbai Ahmedabad) , Beach is about 140 kilometers from Mumbai, See Mumbai to Dahanu Bordi beach Distance for more details and road map.
By Railway : From Mumbai there are many passenger trains (Surat shuttle, Saurashtra Express from Dadar) regularly starting from Mumbai Central so catch any from Borivali / Virar and get down at Gholvad station, From there take a share auto (Approximate charge within Rs.10/-) or private auto (between Rs.25/- to 40/-). Time taken to reach this beach is just 15 to 20 minutes. Some other options and trains like DMU (Memu trains) starting from Virar has final halting station as Dahanu at every 1 hour, so keep a note of same.
Places to See Near Beach
- Depchari Dam and Reservoir if you want to spend some time with green nature and see the dam.
- Kalpataru Botanical Gardens which is about 10 kilometers from beach at Umergaon, This garden is famous for its scenic location which was casted in famous tv serial ‘Ramayana’ episodes.
- A Windmill at chikhla beach, and Salt pans located off Dahanu Bordi Road.
- If you want to explore the beach more, walk walk and just walk and there is Narpad beach and a small saibaba temple near. Other temples in Dahanu are Gajanan maharak Mandir, Mahadev temple. There is also Lotus lake and poornima theter located on road between dahanu beach and station.
- Mumbai Traffic Rules 2017 – Road Safety and Traffic Signs 837 views
- Home Residential Address Of Bollywood Actors Celebrities Stars – Mumbai 738 views
- Telephone Directory – MTNL Mumbai Directory Services 615 views
- How to Get Vehicle Registration and Owner Details Via SMS – Mumbai 544 views
- Grant Road Station Attractions – Mumbai 522 views
- Mumbai Metro Trains – Routes | Timetable | Fares | Stations | Tickets 521 views
- Online Appointment For Learner License – RTO Mumbai 517 views
- Chor Bazaar – Mumbai Second Hand Product Bazaar and Stolen Thieves Market 382 views
- Wet N Joy Water Park Lonavala Near Mumbai 372 views
- 9 Colors Of Navratri 2016 to Follow – 9 Days Dress Colors 301 views