“The Fashion Queen Suburban of Mumbai, Bandra location has multiple tourist attractions to spend shopping or enjoy best promenades of city. Be it Joggers park or Bandstand, Carter road or Hill and Linking Road, Get tired but never feel enough energy of this location is what keep people talking about Bandra always..”
Night life, Shopping, Places to see, Famous Bollywood residential, Pubs, Classy eateries and the fashion is just few of the important aspects of Bandra location. This station has one of the highest number of Roman Catholics in location, With also a mix neighbourhood community people like Hindi, Muslims and Zoroastrian Parsi and more.
Known as Mumbai’s Classy location attracting many tourist for its lifestyle and fashion choice and also to experience the famous street shopping at Linking road and Hill road area. Tourist from other cities of Mumbai specially come in group just to click a picture at residents of Bollywood fame like Shahrukh Khan (Mannat) and Salman Khan (Galaxy Apartment) all opposite same promenade. Reclamation is one beautiful promenade of Bandra to not miss where a beautiful Lit board called ‘I LOVE MUMBAI’ is present and that huge pride of India, Our National flag.
Famous locations of Bandra are Hill Road and Linking Road for street shopping, Bandstand promenade for long walk and leisure and also to see mesmerizing view of Bandra Worli Sea link from the fort near Hotel Taj. It is also a heaven for couple in love as this place is also a famous lovers point of Mumbai. Carter road is another promenade to be at and adjacent to it is the famous Joggers park of Bandra. In centre of all is the famous residential ‘Pali Hill’ where major Bollywood celebrities stay.
Let us know little more about these & more attractions below :
Must Visit Tourist Attractions of Bandra
- Mehboob Studio : That was BOMBAY’s Bandra when Mr. Mehboob Khan started this recording studio called ‘Mehboob Studio’. A successful veteran film director who started it in 1954, In 1970 was Bandra’s first recording studio. In that era also Bandra was very famous and was one of the preferred residential location of the ‘Filmi Hasti’ (Bollywood Celebrities).
- Night life : Bandra is Moneybhai’s Delight. Famous for its Night life options like Lounges, Bars, and restaurants with all types of international cuisines available till late night. Enjoy drinking with some delicious munches of your choice here in Bandra which is one of the best locations for celebrate life.
- Bandstand : A beautiful 1.2 Km promenade which is safe and well maintained is also a famous jogging and walk location of locals. Citizens specially come here to feel the positive energy this place has. Wide open sea with rocky shore, great worli sea link view with upcoming Bandra versova sea link and exactly opposite are some of the best old and new bungalows and apartments of Bollywood celebrities like Salman & Shahrukh Khan. Bandstand is also famous for Bollywood film shoots like Aamir’s Rangeela, Jackie’s Angaar, Salman’s Wanted, Legendary Raj Kapoors Anari and many many more. This place also once had UTV walk of star’s attraction.
- Bandra Lovers Point : Although Bandstands 1.2 km stretch is filled with couples, Be it at public seating area or the rocks inside, At the end of this promenade is famous Hotel Taj and Fort Aguade. One section of this old fort is heaven to couples. A beautifully developed place with green shades and seating, safe and undisturbed to spend quality romantic time. Visible as one climbs the remains of old fort in family & public filled area. You must also read about Public Romancing before planning any such places.
- Mount Mary & Father Agnel Ashram : Mount mary church as everyone knows is one of the famous church in Mumbai known for its yearly fair and festive is located at hardly 100 to 150 metres from Bandstand on the hilly slope. On the other hand Fr. Agnel Ashram which is located adjacent to Hotel Taj has low footfalls but was one of the very crowded place just a decade before. Sundays use to experience devotees in thousands in 80’s and 90’s era.
- Joggers Park & Carter Road : A beautiful & well maintained park with dedicated walking and Jogging track with wide open sea that gives fresh air for joggers and those here to enjoy the place. It does have some caged birds and a small fish pond to add the liveliness to park. Carter road is just adjacent to Joggers park and is another famous rocky sea face location like Bandstand.
- Reclamation : 3rd beautiful promenade in Bandra west which looks superb after makeover. This is another location famous between bikers and lovers as the crowd is very less and roads are wide. This attraction of Bandra is well connected to National Highway 8, S V Road and Bandra Worli Sea link and gives an uninterrupted view of Mahim causeway, Worli, Sea link and Wide open sea. This place was selected for Mumbai’s first floating hotel called ‘Ab Celestial’.
- Hill Road : This hotspot in Bandra west leads to Bandstand and Hill road itself is street shopping heaven. All type latest fashion clothing and accessories, bags etc specially for females are available at much cheaper cost compared to the costly stores. Crowded on Sunday and public holidays, Car parking is a major challenge in this area. Globus & Reliance are famous malls on hill road
- Linking Road : Talking about street shopping in Mumbai and Bandra’s linking road been ignored is never accepted. I think i should stop here and let you read yourself more for great fun, so just follow the post for all the details.
- Bandra Talao : One of the oldest lakes in Mumbai, Bandra talao is already under renovation and soon to be one of the best attractions in the location. An unattended filthy lake has catched many eyeballs and government authorities has taken it very seriously. Palm and other trees are already planned around this lake on S V Road side area which is at walkable distance from Railway station in West.
- Bandra Kurla Complex : A location at Bandra East dedicated for commercial offices with best of Mumbai corporates, financial institutes, Government offices like passport office etc, diamond bourse, stock exchanges and much more is the much in demand commercial location now. Same place is also a location for first failed cycling track in Mumbai.
- Bandra Railway Station Building : This station structure is already on heritage list and soon be ready with renovations, Bandra station will be one of its kind of attractions.
Tourist Entertainment Options
Bandra has total 10 Cinema halls if you love watching Bollywood films, Of course Hollywood movies are also played, Checkout list of theatres.
If travel photography is your passion and entertainment option, Head to Bandra fort near Taj Lands near Bandstand to the best view of Mumbai. Night life is already detailed in this page so not much to repeat here.
Travel Options For Bandra Tourists
Bus, Taxi, Auto and Local Trains are all options to reach and hangout around here. But since local trains are lifelines let me tell you little more, Bandra Railway Station is located in Western Railway Route and is also Connected to Harbour route. It is also a Terminus for major inter state passenger and outstation express trains.
One important thing to keep a note is that beyond Bandra (i.e Towards South) auto’s are not allowed. That said, if you want to go to Mahim, Matunga or Dadar and beyond by Road, You need to Hire a Taxi or Cool Cab if planning by road.
Local Trains Starting From Bandra
- Bandra Churchgate Slow
- Bandra Borivali Slow
- Bandra Bhayander Fast
- Bandra Vasai Slow
- Bandra Virar Slow
- Bandra CST Slow
Bandra Important Contacts
Alert Citizen: 91-22-22633333
Police Station: 91-22-22621855 and 91-22-22621983
Public Grievance Service: 1509
Road Map and Distance From Airport
Road Distance from Mumbai International Airport is 11.5 km which take approximate time of 15 Minutes.
Tourist Attractions Pictures & Videos
Bandstand Lover’s Point
Salman Khan Home
Sea Link View From Bandra Fort
Bandra Fort Called ‘Castella De Aguada’